/ Full-time positions for experienced researchers (m/f) in Berlin, Germany
We are looking for experienced researchers* to work on the following topics under a H2020 Marie Sklodowska-Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2017 Society & Enterprise Panel) up to 24 months after successful application. Space Structures can become your host institution to boost your personal business and leadership competences and benefit from your research capabilities in the areas below!
#1 Proposal Title:
Mission study on high-performance CubeSat platforms for space observation
Technical development of 12U/16U CubeSat platforms will increase their performance in the future, thus enabling new observation missions. Objective of this study to identify viable scenarios and perform mission design and planning. Particular focus shall be on the incorporation of propulsion systems to enhance mission duration.
Scientific area: Information Science and Engineering (ENG, G3 Descriptor: Aerospace engineering)
Required background: space engineering, orbital mechanics, propulsion systems
#2 Proposal Title:
Chances and risks of space industry's SMEs in traditional and NewSpace markets
SMEs in European space industry acting as suppliers in the traditional space market increasingly face the emerging NewSpace market which comes with new business models. Objective of this study is to research the effect of the globally driven NewSpace market on SMEs' services and products and the chances and risks involved.
Scientific area: Economic Sciences (ECO, E1 Descriptor: Competitiveness, innovation, research and development)
Required background: business economics/administration, marketing
Please send your cover letter with the following information - preferably in PDF format - to Mrs. Jeanette Braun via firstname.lastname@example.org:
• up to five relevant publications, products, services or other achievements relevant to the subject of the proposal
• up to five relevant previous projects or activities, connected to the subject of the proposal
• Experienced Researcher (ER) must, at the date of the call deadline (14 Sept 2017), be in possession of a doctoral degree or have at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience. Any parental leave periods do not count towards the time of research experience.
• The researcher may be of any nationality. No age restrictions apply.
• The researcher must move or have moved from any country to Berlin, Germany where Space Structures is located. However, the researcher must not have resided or carried out the main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Germany for more than 36 months in the 5 years immediately before the call deadline (14 Sept 2012 until 14 Sept 2017).
For more information on H2020-MSCA-IF-2017 see: http://ec.europa.eu/research/participants/portal/desktop/en/opportunities/h2020/topics/msca-if-2017.html
/ BSc. / MSc. Theses
We are currently looking for a multi-talent space engineering student to define a preliminary mission concept for a CubeSat based mission/constellation in the frame of a Master's Thesis. If you are interested, and your professor is as well, please send your CV and grade transcripts to Mrs. Jeanette Braun via email@example.com for more information.
We are permanently open for internships. Be it a mandatory universtity internship or a holiday placement, please send your cover letter, availability, CV and grade transcripts to Mrs. Jeanette Braun via firstname.lastname@example.org.